Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Top 50 MCs: #34 - Freeway

34. Freeway


If i wanna squirt her, take her to Fatburger


Freeway is one of the guys it took a few years to really understand. My first time hearing Free was on 1900Hustler and i wasnt the biggest fan of that song when it first dropped. My 2nd time hearing Free was on Roc Da Mic and i HATED him with every bit of me haha. I just didnt get his style at all. One day i heard Alright Feat. Allen Anthony and i started to noticed his ACBD-style rhyme scheme and i became a fan after that. His debut album Philadelphia Freeway is criminally slept on and is one of the best produced albums to come from Rocafella or Def Jam for that matter, especially in the post-2000 era. His followup Free At Last was dope tho long-awaited and his most recent project with producer Jake One is upper echelon as always. You have to pay attention with Free and most people dont give him a chance. I think you should. I did...






No comments:

Post a Comment